Want to know the steps to eliminate QuickBooks won’t open error after windows update? If yes, then reading this post till the end will help. Often when the user tries to open the software, an error appears on the screen stating “QuickBooks desktop won’t open” or sometimes no error at all appears and the system freezes automatically. Such an error is seen when the user tries to open the company file. Also, various other company file issues can be seen along with it namely: QuickBooks error code 1603, error code 1935, or error code 1402. This error can be experienced due to a couple of factors, which we will be mentioning later in this post along with the steps to eliminate it.
What leads to such an error in QuickBooks?
There are a bunch of factors causing such an error in QuickBooks, which are listed below:
• One of the basic factors can be long company file name i.e. exceeding the prescribed limit
• Another trigger can be if there is corrupted hard drive
• If the installation of the software is not proper
• Or if the QBWUSER.INI file is missing or damaged, this error might appear
• QuickBooks won’t open after update error is the outdated operating system can also trigger this issue in QuickBooks
Steps to eliminate the QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open Error
The user can try to fix the error by opening the company file from a different folder location. The steps to be performed under this process are as follows:
• The user needs to first press windows + E
• After that search for the data file having the .qbw extension.
• When the user looks for a file located on the network server, he/she needs to browse to the network drive on which the data file is located
• Now, right click on it and then press copy
• Also, the user needs to locate the C drive and also make a new folder
• After that name it as QBTEST
• Once done with that, open the new QBTEST folder and then paste the company file there
• Followed by opening QuickBooks and hold CTRL key
• Press open or restore an existing company and also examine the C:QBTEST folder that the user built
• Lastly, open the company file that the user have copied in the QBTEST folder
Now that you know the steps involved in fixing QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open Error, make sure to implement those steps. However, if you are stuck at some point in time or if you need our assistance, then contact our 24*7 QuickBooks Premier Support or give us a call at +1-888-351-0999 and we will provide you with immediate support and assistance. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who are well-versed in providing immediate support services for all sorts of QuickBooks-related issues.